The Annual General Meeting of Comharchumann Fuinnimh Oileáin Árann Teoranta will take place at Halla Rónáin, on March 23rd 2017 at 8.30 pm.
It will be preceded by a presentation and discussion on “RENEWABLE ENERGY FOR ARAN” at 7.30 pm.
The guest speaker will be John Fogarty of Templederry Community Owned Windfarm, County Tipperary. His presentation will be followed by a review of the renewable energy options for Aran. The floor will then be open for general discussion.
The agenda for the AGM is the following:
• Minutes of AGM 2016
• A statement of the affairs of the Comharchumann
• A presentation of the accounts. Copies of the accounts will be available on the day. (If anybody wants a copy in advance, please contact this email address for an emailed copy, or pick up a copy at Ionad Cholm Ó hIarnáin).
• Discussion and acceptance of the accounts
• Appointment of accountant/auditor and solicitor
• Election of members to the committee
To nominate a person to membership of the committee, the following rules apply:
• The person nominated must be a fully paid-up member of Comharchumann Fuinnimh (a full list is available; apply to this email address);
• The nomination requires a signature of both a proposer and a seconder, both of whom are fully paid-up members of Comharchumann Fuinnimh;
• The nomination must be given in writing to the secretary “not less than five days before the date fixed for the meeting at which the election will take place” (Co-op Rules).
Secretary: Avril Sharkey, Cill Rónáin, Inis Mor. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nominations can also be left into, or posted to, Ionad Colm Ó hIarnáin, Cill Rónáin, Inis Mór, addressed to The Secretary, Comharchumann Fuinnimh. Scanned and emailed nominations will also be accepted.
• The meeting is open to the public. However, only those who have fully paid-up membership will be eligible to vote.
• If a member cannot be present at the meeting, he/she may appoint a proxy to vote on his/her behalf. The following are the conditions taken from the Co-op Rules:
“Voting by proxy shall be permitted to allow votes to be cast from all three islands. A proxy
voter must be a member of the Society and must hand to the committee a signed statement
assigning proxy status to another member. The statement should read “I appoint
_____________________as my proxy, at the meeting on ___________________(date) .
Signed : _______________________”.
• Those members unable to attend, but who wish to be present through a Skype or Google connection, please let the committee know through the above email and it will be arranged with you.