Ireland’s political response to climate change has received a stinging rebuff from a group of citizens participating in an innovative new government-supported policy forum.
The parliament-appointed Citizens Assembly voted at the weekend in favour of 13 new recommendations to strengthen action on climate change.
Read more on the DESMOG.uk website here
Two of the executives came to visit us on Inis Mór on the 11th of October to discuss their solar generation system and how it could help the Aran Islands become carbon neutral, to find out more about the company, click the link to the article below…
Tá an Nissan Leaf mar ceann de nacarrannaleictreach is fearratáar an maragadhfaoiláthair. Tácuidathdhíolta le fáil in Éireannaridir €10,000 agus €15,000. Másmaithleattuilleadheolas a fháildéanteagmháil le PJ Coyne i Windsor Motors inGaillimh ag 091770707 nóarpjcoyne@windsor.ie
The Nissan Leaf is one of the best electric cars available at the moment. There are now second hand models for sale in Ireland at between €10,000 and €15,000. Please contact P.J. Coyne firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 091 770707 at Windsor Motors Galway for further information.
Tá Energy Wise Construction (EWC) ag críochnú a gcuidoibrearInisÓirrfaoiláthairaguscuirfidhsiadtús leis an obairarInisMeáinagusInisMór go gairid. Is mar chuid den scéim BEC, (Better Energy Communities) atámaoinithe ag an SEAI a bheidh an obairseodéanta. Thug EWC cuairtarroinnt tithe arnahoileáin le linn an gheimhridhagusdéannfidhsiadteagmháil leis nateaghlaighthairbhíochafaoiceannnaseachtainenó mar sin.
Energy Wise Construction (EWC) are finishing up work on InisOirr and will begin work on InisMeain and InisMor soon. This is the Better Energy Communities scheme for 2017 funded by the SEAI. Those households that received a visit from EWC over last winter, where their house was assessed, can expect to be contacted in the next week or so.
This Irish Times article claims customers could save customers an average €250 per year on electricity bills.
The Annual General Meeting of Comharchumann Fuinnimh Oileáin Árann Teoranta will take place at Halla Rónáin, on March 23rd 2017 at 8.30 pm.
It will be preceded by a presentation and discussion on “RENEWABLE ENERGY FOR ARAN” at 7.30 pm.
The guest speaker will be John Fogarty of Templederry Community Owned Windfarm, County Tipperary. His presentation will be followed by a review of the renewable energy options for Aran. The floor will then be open for general discussion.
The agenda for the AGM is the following:
• Minutes of AGM 2016
• A statement of the affairs of the Comharchumann
• A presentation of the accounts. Copies of the accounts will be available on the day. (If anybody wants a copy in advance, please contact this email address for an emailed copy, or pick up a copy at Ionad Cholm Ó hIarnáin).
• Discussion and acceptance of the accounts
• Appointment of accountant/auditor and solicitor
• Election of members to the committee
To nominate a person to membership of the committee, the following rules apply:
• The person nominated must be a fully paid-up member of Comharchumann Fuinnimh (a full list is available; apply to this email address);
• The nomination requires a signature of both a proposer and a seconder, both of whom are fully paid-up members of Comharchumann Fuinnimh;
• The nomination must be given in writing to the secretary “not less than five days before the date fixed for the meeting at which the election will take place” (Co-op Rules).
Secretary: Avril Sharkey, Cill Rónáin, Inis Mor. E-mail: email@example.com
• Nominations can also be left into, or posted to, Ionad Colm Ó hIarnáin, Cill Rónáin, Inis Mór, addressed to The Secretary, Comharchumann Fuinnimh. Scanned and emailed nominations will also be accepted.
• The meeting is open to the public. However, only those who have fully paid-up membership will be eligible to vote.
• If a member cannot be present at the meeting, he/she may appoint a proxy to vote on his/her behalf. The following are the conditions taken from the Co-op Rules:
“Voting by proxy shall be permitted to allow votes to be cast from all three islands. A proxy
voter must be a member of the Society and must hand to the committee a signed statement
assigning proxy status to another member. The statement should read “I appoint
_____________________as my proxy, at the meeting on ___________________(date) .
Signed : _______________________”.
• Those members unable to attend, but who wish to be present through a Skype or Google connection, please let the committee know through the above email and it will be arranged with you.
You must be logged in to view this content.
You must be logged in to view this content.